Saturday, May 17, 2008

More Important Things

Kari and I just got back from a pretty thought-provoking event. That said, even on the way there I didn't really want to be going. It was a beautiful night...we could be out on a boat. I had spent the whole day working in the yard...my body ached and I just wanted to sit down. It was hot...I didn't want to put on "nice" clothes.

fightingback1cpurple

Then I got to Dance for a Cure and realized I was surrounded by people currently fighting cancer, people who lost loved ones to cancer, and people who had beaten cancer. And I stopped whining.

Dance for a Cure is a night filled with every kind of dancing you could imagine.  Hip-Hop, contemporary, ballet, improvisational, modern, 50's swing, and a guy who could tap dance like no one I'd ever seen before!

Not only was the dancing a smorgasbord, but the dancers were of every age, nationality, body type, and ability. All coming together to celebrate, struggle, and fight together. Hmmm...sounds a bit like what "church" should be like...

No comments: