Wednesday, August 26, 2009

my little one…is one

My little baby...It's 3:23 in the morning. Not now. A year ago. I can't believe it's been a whole year. Hannah GraceAnne Ferrin showed up on August 26th, 2008 at 3:23am. All nine-pounds-seven-ounces of her.

And here we are...a year later. The Ferrin Four is now The Ferrin Five. And it may be a cliché, but it's oh so true - we can't imagine life without her. I don't know that I have ever seen a baby who laughs as much as Hannah. Of course, she's always being entertained by her dancing, singing sister, and her wild and crazy jokester of a brother. They are quite a team.

She's into everything right now. Crawling. Climbing stairs. Opening drawers. Putting everything (including handfuls of dirt from our houseplants) into her mouth. I am convinced that all it will take for her to walk is the realization that walking will get her places faster. Speed. It's all about speed. She eats fast, crawls fast, drinks fast, grabs fast.

And sadly for her mom and dad - she grows fast. Happy Birthday Hannah. We love you.

No comments: