Wednesday, May 27, 2009

out of the mouths of babes…

In the van the other day, a guy rode by on a bicycle without a helmet on. Here’s the conversation that ensued:

Me: Hey Sarah, that guy needs to borrow one of our bike helmets.

Sarah: Daddy, if I was (long pause) the principal of everything – you know, Barack Obama – I’d make a rule that anyone who rode a bike would have to wear a helmet.

Me: That would be a good rule.

Caleb (from the way back seat): If I was Maraca Bama…

Sarah: BARACK Obama!!!

Caleb: If I was Barack Obama I’d make a rule that everyone would have to believe in God.

Me: That’s another good rule.

(long pause)

Caleb: Sarah?

Sarah: What?

Caleb (with a smirk): I’d make a rule about the most important thing.

The most important thing indeed…Well done Caleb.

Technorati Tags: ,,,,

No comments: